In case you missed it…
Writing Gooder and the Young Writers Society had a bunch of great stuff posted in the past week. Here’s what you may have missed:
At Writing Gooder…
- Alfred Symon profiles Kami Gracia, an artist and #1 New York Times bestselling author of Beautiful Creatures.
- Cadi posted Challenge Corner #12. This week’s challenge? Crime fiction. Well, let’s hope you’re just writing fiction…
- Beckiw dips into the never-ending well of terrible, no-good, very bad cover art and redesigns the cover for Fall For Me, which is about as bland and uninspiring a title as you can get. I mean, come on.
- PenguinAttack compares your brain to a limp noodle and gives you some ideas on how to exercise it. Hint: it doesn’t involve sitting on the couch and watching re-runs of Scooby Doo (sadly).
Meanwhile, at the Young Writers Society…
- Loose explains why J.K. Rowling is 100% fake. Yeah, it was posted more than a month ago, but if you haven’t read it, you’re missing out.
- DannieInkBlotHanson explains why the pen is mightier than the fist in a poem. (hint: the poem will still be online a 100 years from now. The fist? Not so much.)
- Carina takes the time to suggest new features for YWS, with image mock-ups to boot!
- The combined forces of SparkofDoubt and Geelyria are running a workshop for minstrels! What’s a minstrel? It’s either a type of soup or an archaic word for musician.
- Spinelli writes a flash fiction story about writing from the viewpoint of a writer.
- Lauren2010 announces the results of the YWS design contest. A Green Knight emerges victorious.