Weekly Writing Challenges #5: Magical Mishaps
“I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” ― J.K. Rowling
“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” ― W.B. Yeats
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” ― Terry Pratchett
Ah, magic! Many of us have been enthralled by the stories of those who can wield wands and control the world in ways we can only dream of. Maybe you’ve even wished that you had your favorite book character’s superpowers. I know I wish I could use the Accio spell from Harry Potter to retrieve all the things I lose :P. Of course, it’s worth remembering that these magical worlds also have a dark side, with deadly curses and villains like Voldemort.
This week’s prompts are all about magical powers and spells! They could be used for good OR evil…it’s up to you!
- Jamie can teleport, but only within a 100 yard radius. Her friend is looking for a family heirloom.
- A fairy can grant people any wish, but it only lasts for 24 hours.
- A spell gone awry makes the world literally black and white.
- Robert can move through time, but only backwards.
- A healing spell and a death curse are mixed up and applied to people other than their intended targets.